I found an old table leg made of Rimu and set it up on the lathe and marked out my dimensions.

Once it was carved out, sanded and oiled I used a brace and bit to auger a 1" hole in the handle for the tackle.
The cap was trimmed to be a tight fit with no need for anything else to hold it in.
It has in the handle:
3 large hooks
3 small hooks
1 ounce sinker
3 spilt shot sinkers
Cotton wool packing to stop any rattles, also to be used for tinder if needed.
And 100ft of line on the spool.





In my next post I will show an improved version my partner made with my help.

Views: 521

Add a Comment

You need to be a member of BushcraftNZ to add comments!

Join BushcraftNZ

Support Us

Shop through this affiliate link portal as we get a small commission:

www.fishpond.co.nz

Videos

  • Add Videos
  • View All

Photos

  • Add Photos
  • View All

© 2020   Created by Ryan Johnson-Hunt.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service