BushcraftNZ Terms and Conditions
The network exists to provide a platform to engage with other people and share information and ideas. In order for everything to run smoothly and for any member to feel safe, there must be rules and guidelines. Generally the rules are:
- Be nice to everyone, respect their opinions.
- Don't submit content that is copyrighted.
- Don't use BushcraftNZ as a platform for advertising without permission from the Network Owner.
Violating any of these can result either in a warning, suspension, or termination of membership. The course of action will be at the Network Owners discretion.
The more more precise and descriptive Terms and Conditions are below. They may seem intimidating, but they must exist so that appropriate (possibly legal) action can be taken if a person were to do something really inappropriate.
"User" and "You" mean all end users of BushcraftNZ including but not limited to members, unregistered users and administrators of all levels
"Content" - means (i) any work of authorship in BushcraftNZ, including comments, recommendations, forums, photos, videos, music, sounds, images, text, files, listings, logos, trademarks, postings, messages, tags and other content added to or submitted with any of the foregoing; or (ii) other materials posted on or transmitted through any Social Network or BushcraftNZ.
"We" means senior BushcraftNZ admin and ultimately the owner(s) of the network
You are solely responsible for their conduct and content on BushcraftNZ. We want to keep BushcraftNZ safe and fun for everyone and the use of BushcraftNZ for unlawful or harmful activities is not allowed. In defining "safe and fun," you specifically agree that:
You will not post, email or make available any Content to Users or use BushcraftNZ:
- In a manner that infringes, violates or misappropriates any third party's intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights or contractual rights, in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act;
- in a manner that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- to engage in spamming, "chain letters," "pyramid schemes", advertisement of illegal or controlled products or services, or other advertising or marketing activities that violate these Terms of Service, any applicable laws, regulations or generally-accepted advertising industry guidelines, including to other Users whether on or off BushcraftNZ;
- to advertise the products or services of any external websites, companies or persons without consent of the networks owner. This does not include genuine reviews of a product related to bushcraft, although this must be done in an objective manner. BushcraftNZ reserves the right to remove any Content that it perceives not to be suitable, and reprimand the offending member accordingly.
- in a manner that is misleading, deceptive or fraudulent or otherwise illegal or promotes illegal activities, including engaging in phishing or otherwise obtaining financial or other personal information in a misleading manner or for fraudulent or misleading purposes;
- in a manner that is libelous or defamatory, or in a way that is otherwise threatening, abusive, violent, harassing, malicious or harmful to any person or entity, or invasive of another's privacy;
- in a manner that is harmful to minors in any way;
- in a manner that is hateful or discriminatory based on race, color, sex, religion, nationality, ethnic or national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or age or is otherwise objectionable, as reasonably determined by BushcraftNZ;
- to impersonate a BushcraftNZ administrator, or any other person, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity, or to obtain access to BushcraftNZ without authorization;
- to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of BushcraftNZ or prevent others from using BushcraftNZ, or in a manner that disrupts the normal flow of dialogue with an excessive number of messages (flooding attack) to BushcraftNZ, or that otherwise negatively affects other persons' ability to use BushcraftNZ;
- to use any manual or automated means, including agents, robots, scripts, or spiders, to access or manage any BushcraftNZ account.
- to facilitate the unlawful distribution of copyrighted content;
- in a manner that includes personal or identifying information about another person without that person's explicit consent;
- in a manner that employs misleading email or IP addresses, or forged headers or otherwise manipulated identifiers in order to disguise the origin of Content transmitted through BushcraftNZ or to Users; and
- in a manner that constitutes or contains any form of advertising or solicitation if (1) posted in Your Content; or (2) emailed to Users who have requested not to be contacted about other services, products or commercial interests.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- "Stalk" or otherwise harass anyone;
- Collect, use or disclose data, including personal information, about other Users without their consent or for unlawful purposes or in violation of applicable law or regulations;
- Request, solicit or otherwise obtain access to usernames, passwords or other authentication credentials from any Member of BushcraftNZ, or to proxy authentication credentials for any Member of BushcraftNZ for the purposes of automating logins to BushcraftNZ;
- Use any profanity or the description or name of any illegal activity in the name of BushcraftNZ or the networks subdomain (as defined below);
- Post any Content containing child pornography to any Social Network. BushcraftNZ absolutely does not tolerate this and will report any suspected instances of child pornography, including reporting any Member Data, to law enforcement.
- Post any Content that BushcraftNZ determines in its sole discretion, depicts or contains rape, extreme violence, murder, bestiality, incest, or other similar content;
- Post any Content that BushcraftNZ determines constitutes pornography or is adult in nature.
- Use automated means, including spiders, robots, crawlers, data mining tools, or the like to download data from BushcraftNZ - except for Internet search engines (e.g. Google) and non-commercial public archives (e.g. archive.org) that comply with our robots.txt file, or "well-behaved" web services/RSS/Atom clients. We reserve the right to define what we mean by "well-behaved";
- Post irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on BushcraftNZ 's infrastructure;
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to BushcraftNZ 's computer systems or engage in any activity that disrupts, diminishes the quality of, interferes with the performance of, or impairs the functionality of, BushcraftNZ;
- Take any action that may undermine the feedback or ratings systems (such as displaying, importing or exporting feedback information off of BushcraftNZ or for using it for purposes unrelated to BushcraftNZ); and
- Develop, invoke, or utilize any code to disrupt, diminish the quality of, interfere with the performance of, or impair the functionality of the BushcraftNZ Platform.
BushcraftNZ maintains the right (at its sole discretion) for any reason to (i) delete, disable or deactivate your account, block your email or IP address, or otherwise terminate your access to or use of BushcraftNZ, (ii) remove and discard any Content anywhere on BushcraftNZ. We also reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions as we see necessary and it so these changes are effective immediately.